Steamed Cake is a light, fluffy, and soft cake. As the name suggests, it is steamed instead of baked, and it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare from the beginning to the end.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 tbsp. neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, canola, etc).
- 1 tbsp. honey.
- 3 tbsp. plain yogurt.
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour( plain flour).
- , 1 tsp. baking powder .
- 1 tsp. matcha (green tea powder) .
- red bean paste (anko).
- Wrap a frying a pan lid with a kitchen towel. This will prevent condensation from falling onto the cakes while steaming.
- Place four empty ramekins in the pan and pour water into the frying pan to halfway up the exterior of the ramekins.
- Take out the ramekins , cover the pan with the lid , and bring water to a boil.
- Place a cupcake liner inside , in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg and vegetable oil and whisk well .
- Add honey and yogurt and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix thoroughly .
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add into the egg mixture .
- Sift the matcha powder and fold until powder is well incorporated into the batter .
- Pour the batter evenly into four cupcake.
- Ramekins inside the pan .
- Cover with the lid and steam over medium- low heat for 12-14 minutes, ENJOY.